Here for example is a section on Handwashing.
To wash hands properly, rub all parts of the hands and wrists with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand rub. Wash hands for at least 15 seconds or more. Pay special attention to fingertips, between fingers, backs of hands and base of the thumbs.
- Keep nails short
- Wash wrists and forearms if they are likely to have been contaminated
- Remove watches, rings and bracelets
- Do not use artificial nails
- Make sure that sleeves are rolled up and do not get wet during washing
- Avoid chipped nail varnish
Catalogue No. CIB-4446797. March 2007. Copyright Queen’s Printer for Ontario.